Auto accidents can happen to anyone at any time (need a tow?), it is an unfortunate reality of life, even in “The City Beautiful”. Accidents happen every day in Orlando, and it is important to learn not only some interesting facts about car accidents in Orlando, but also about what you should do if you find yourself in the position of being an accident victim.
Chances are if you are an Orlando resident (or anywhere in the Central Florida area), you have probably seen an accident occur around you, or you have been involved in an accident yourself. According to crash statistics released by MetroPlan Orlando in 2010, here are some fast facts about Orlando accidents that will provide you with some additional context:
Orlando Car Accident Statistics
- One traffic death occurred on average every 44 hours
- 55 people were injured in crashes per day - about 2.3 injuries per hour
- In year 2010, one out of every 90 people in the region was injured in a crash
- 62 traffic accidents occurred per day - roughly 2.6 crashes per hour
Even more recently, in 2013, it was found that Florida ranked third in the entire US with regard to fatalities caused by car accidents-- more than 2,400 people died in crashes, many of them occurring in Central Florida.
Now that you have learned some of the chilling statistics of how deadly the roads of Central Florida can be, let’s discuss some of the most vital things for you to remember if you have been involved in a car accident:
What To Do After a Car Accident
- If accident is minor, move cars to a safe place, out of traffic
- Call the police, even if the accident is minor
- Make immediate notes about the accident, including specific damages to all vehicles involved, witness information, etc.
- Even if you don’t feel injured, make an appointment to see an accident doctor as soon as possible.
- Get a property damage valuation
- Consider Hiring an Attorney
Perhaps the most critical of these post-accident steps is Step 4, seeing an experienced accident doctor (including Orlando chiropractors, who are treated equally by insurance companies for post-accident examinations) for a thorough exam to determine the extent of your injuries. They not only can help you begin the healing process, but they can also provide you with the necessary information to give to your insurance provider, which will help you with your ability to file a claim.
Additionally, if your physician determines that you have sustained injuries, and you believe that the accident was caused by the negligence of another driver, your official diagnosis could very much help improve your chances to collect damages in civil court with the help of a personal injury attorney.
If you or a loved one has been involved in an auto accident in the Orlando area, it is important that you schedule an appointment with our experienced team of accident physicians as soon as possible, who will help you get on the road to recovery! Call us today at (407) 478-PAIN (7246).